Stanford CMEMS is a multidisciplinary community working together to reveal new perspectives on medieval and early modern studies.
The mission of CMEMS is to promote innovative research and foster lively dialogue and debate among faculty, students, librarians, and interested participants. We aim to nurture the dynamic engagement with these rich and rewarding earlier periods of such literary, cultural, social and historical importance.
CMEMS aims to:
- create a multi-disciplinary forum of discussion for a broad community of affiliates on campus and beyond
- promote and facilitate events, courses, and departmental and library resources
- support curricular and research projects and programs, workshops, and conferences
- advance interest and further the scholarly agenda at all levels, from undergraduate to graduate, to continuing education, in issues pertaining to medieval and early modern cultures
- report on new developments in the field and encourage lively responses to them
- collaborate with partners in Stanford and the Bay Area to bring scholars and their projects to campus
- expand our scholarly community by pursuing global partnerships
- place Stanford at the vanguard of scholarship in medieval and early modern studies nationally and internationally.